We all know that cooking is not my thing but I do love baking. Don’t get me wrong, I still fail many times, but the times that I do succeed in what I’m trying to create the pleasure is double. Thanks to my best friend Raïssa I got to know a different version of tiramisu. At one of her Birthday parties she made one with strawberries and speculaas/biscoff in stead of the regular one. IT IS THE BEST!
The recipe that I used is for 4-5 portions. I made 5 smaller portions but it’s totally up to you how full you want your bowls to be.
- 250 g strawberries
- 150 g Biscoff cookies
- 200 g mascarpone
- 2 eggs
- 1 package vanilla sugar (8g)
- 4 small glasses bowls
1. Wash the strawberries and cut them into 4 pieces
2. Crunch the Biscoff cookies until only crumbles are left
3. Whip the egg whites until they are thick (snowy texture)
4. Mix the egg yolks together with the mascarpone and vanilla sugar
5. Add the whipped egg whites to the mixture
6. Cover the bottom of the bowl with Biscoff crumbles, add strawberries and top it with the mascarpone mixture. Repeat this step until bowl is almost full (or halfway, it depends on how you like it).
7. Put it away in the fridge for at least 12 hour
Sometimes I like to decorate the tiramisu with a full strawberry but other times I like to put some Biscoff crumbles on top with a couple of strawberry pieces.
I can’t wait for you guys to try this recipe!